November 2015

This month, we sing on Sunday, November 15, 2015, at 11:15am.

We will be singing one of our favorite songs, "Amazing Grace "My Chains are Gone)", by Chris Tomlin. We substitute the verse, "When we've been there 10,000 years...", for the 4th verse. I will sing a preamble, and verse 1, we will all do the refrain in unison, Maureen sings verse 2, and we sing parts on the refrain. Amy will be doing verse 3, and all of us will be doing verse 4.

I have the song and sheet music on the Choir Download site - check the link on the right side of the blog.

Line-up for November 15 - 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Gathering: Canticle of the Turning
Anderson Gloria
Psalm: You Will Walk the Path of Life
Acclamation: Joyful Alleluia
Presentation: My Lord, What a Morning
MASS FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD
Communion: AMAZING GRACE (My Chains are Gone) - Tomlin
Closing: Come, Lord Jesus, Come Again

1 comment:

Bruce Wood said...

Hi Choralees, can it get any better than St. Thomas and the Chorale? It was a great selection of music, Marcy! And, I love the way we collaborate! We are definitely an “options” team, and it all shows wonderfully in the presentation to the community!

The preamble was received well – we have done this at least 4 times since the idea came up in my head. And now, it would definitely be missing something if we did not do it! 
I have heard it shared between 4 different people, so next time we do it, and we can practice it on Thursday, we may try it!

In the group this week, we had Ann, Amy, Maureen, Mark, Paul, Andy, Marcy and me.

With the weather cooperating with 60+ degrees and sunny, it was just another way to praise our God for music and worship! Thank you everyone!